Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Picture Frame Turned Bulletin Board


My dh needs reminders about simple things, so I made this to hang in the laundry room for him to see when he comes in from the garage.  The man is brilliant, but can't figure out which bowl in the refrigerator is a meal and which is cooked ground beef saved for adding to the evening's dinner.  Yep, you guessed it; one day he took a pound of meat to work for lunch and left a complete meal packed especially for him in the fridge.

The Roxie B & T papers have so many potential uses.  I love how they can be feminine or masculine based on the embellishments added to the project.  On this board, I kept it very simple but I couldn't resist blinging up some thumbtacks with the new CTMH Rhinestone Designer Brads.  They adhere easier to the tacks if the back prongs are removed.  I just snipped them off with wire cutters used for jewelry making.


The project started with a plain wood frame similar to this one.  The one I used was for a 5 x 7 photograph.  I painted the edges black, adhered the paper,  adorned some stamped images, stuck a piece of cork where the photo is supposed to go, attached the ribbon and voila, Done!  It was one of the fastest projects I've ever completed.  It was also very inexpensive. Gotta love that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment