Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Halloween Purse (or I Always Like To Have Candy In My Purse)

Wooden purse covered with CTMH Mischief B & T

After I decided to turn it into a Halloween Candy dish
The "Before" picture
This cute little wood purse came from Michael's.  It was about $3 or $4 in the clearance section.

The "During" picture
 The entire purse was painted with glossy black acrylic paint after removing all the hardware, except the hinges.

I colored the hardware with a black Copic marker to dull the brass
All of the paper was adhered with PVA bookbinding adhesive.  It seems to work really well without bubbling as sometimes happens with other adhesives.

I'm beginning to think "candy dish" instead of purse
 The inside paper is a retired paper from CTMH.  I love how it looks inside things. A couple of years ago I used it to line paper coffins. Click here to see that post.

Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents and Fancy Tags 2 were used for the fancy cuts
 The glittery tag behind the All Hallows Eve was cut using Scrapbook Adhesives 6" x 12" adhesive sheet with a Fancy Tags 2 Mega die.  I sprinkled black glitter on it after removing one side of the adhesive.  The stamped image was freehand cut and popped with foam tape.  This image fits perfectly onto a shape cut with the new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, but I chose to cut it by hand instead.

CTMH All Hallows Eve stamp set includes the raven on candelabra as well as  8 other stamps
 The red eye on the raven is from the  Red, Pink and Purple Assortment of Sparkles from CTMH.

The clock stamped image is from CTMH's Key Moments set
 After stamping and ink distressing the clock, I adhered it to a (retired CTMH) page pebble.  The raven on the candelabra was placed in front of the clock with foam tape.

The black and silver flowers are made from tissue paper.
The little black organdy bow was made from ribbon in my stash.  The pleated black ribbon came from Hobby Lobby.  Nestle Crunch bars were purchased at Target. :-)  They will be consumed by dh because they are his favorite candy bar. And it is how I get him interested in my work. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment