Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Paper Piecing on Autumn Cards

Pumpkin from  CTMH So Grateful Stamp set
 The http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/ challenge this week is to make a Fall Themed Clean and Simple card using paper piecing.  It's been awhile since I've done paper piecing, so I thought it would be fun to join in!

Acorn and sentiment are from SU! Country Blessings (retired) set
The pumpkin and acorn were paper pieced on the top card.  On the following card, the owl was paper pieced and popped up.  I think the effect is sort of like it is sitting in a tree.

CTMH Pair-a-Phrase stamp set
 A few Spellbinders dies were used for the layers under the owl.

CTMH Dreamin' B & T paper was used along with Goldrush, Chocolate and black cardstock
Both cards are on Colonial White bases.

Dear Friends,
Today is September 11th.  I'll be hugging those that are near and dear to me, just a little bit longer and a little bit harder today as I remember how our world was forever changed ten years ago, on this date. My heart still grieves for those who perished and those who were personally impacted by the tragedy that will always be known as 9-11.
Peace be unto you,
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment