Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Paper Bag Purse Mini-Album Tutorial



A couple of years ago I taught a class on how to make these albums. The posts are here, here and here.

I have been asked to share the information on how to make them on several occasions.  Usually, I can easily provide the information when someone asks. Which is what I was thinking when another request came to me and I said that I would send it out.  Well, we have a new-ish computer  and I couldn't find the written instructions for cutting the pages and covers. As I was pondering this, I realized that there is another issue with paperbag albums in that the bags come in lots of different sizes. So I decided to make a video to share how to make a template for the covers.  Hopefully, this will help people have success with this fun project.

The inside pages are cut to cover the paperbags.  To jazz up the pages, I usually use a few different papers and vary the inside as much as the mood strikes me.  The tags are made to fit the size of the pockets.  I typically use a combination of cardstock and decorative pattern paper.  The papers in the video are all retired because these books are from January, 2010.   There are always so many wonderful new papers to choose from, so there wouldn't be any shortage of great ones to create really cute purses!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment