Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day Box

Graphic 45 Le Romantique Sweetheart of Mine Paper Lining and Photo Mat
It is difficult for me to find presents for my dh.   I decided something with a picture of the kids on it would probably be appreciated more than anything else.  At my dd's graduation a few weeks ago we took a picture of his daughter, my daughter and our daughter together.  This photo is on the inside lid of the box.
SEI's Corrugated Cardboard Letter Stickers
After painting the box black, I added Tim Holtz's Foundations Metal Box Feet to the bottom.  The hinges on the box were a shiny brass color, so I dyed them with Mushroom and Silver Adirondack Alcohol Inks.
Dh loves wolves. These photos were free on the internet for personal use at: http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Pictures/wolves_pg1.html

His initials are CAT.  My weird sense of humor thinks it is a bit funny to have a cat box, especially with pictures of wolves.  Dh loves me anyway, so it is ok that I am odd like that.
Plain Wood Box From JoAnn's
Dh keeps a lot of little things that our seven year old makes for him; this will make a good place to corral some of them.
Wolf Images Mod Podged to Lid
I put a silver rope ribbon (colored with Copics) across the top of the lid on the back to balance out the lettering on the bottom.  Sorry for the crooked picture, the box isn't level because of the shape of the lid.

Happy Father's Day Weekend to all of you dads out there ... and to the moms who have both roles to fill.

All the best.  Thank you for stopping by today.
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment