Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cookie Monster Cupcakes


These have been all over the internet, so it was no surprise to me that my 21 year-old daughter sent me a picture of them a couple of months ago.  She turned 22 this past week and I made them for her.  They were a big hit.


Like so many things, they look cuter in person!  They are very simple to make, though.

She likes marble cake, so I made marble cupcakes.  The eyes are Wilton Candy Melts with black icing.  Initially, I tried Wilton gel, which just ran after a bit and made Cookie Monster look pretty scary.  I wiped off all the gel and was more successful with the regular black icing that comes in a tube.  The learning process in the beginning is why the eyes are sorta wonky.  Of course, I didn't realize the gravitational problem with the gel stuff until I started placing the eyes into the cupcakes and realized they were weeping!  To make the cookies stay in/on his mouth/face, I cut a slit and stuck the little cookie into it.

Just something a little fun and different than my usual fiber/paper crafting.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Beverly

1 comment:

  1. Really cute cupcakes! (sorry this comment is so behind, but I've only had a few minutes today to pop in and catch up what I can... still on hiatus!)

    ReplyDelete