Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Date Night Card - Cheap! 'Cause No Patterned Paper


When you have kids (or needy pets) sometimes it is hard to get an evening out of the house as a couple.  My dh and I have become accustomed to being home-bodies and are ok with it.  Really.  Like many couples, we try to schedule time together at home.  For us, it is usually to watch a movie that one of us wants to see.  One with no singing Princesses involved.


To celebrate this upcoming event I did what I do... I made a card.

CTMH Rock The Block Stamp Set
 I used three of the stamps from this set.  The bottom border, FUN, and the circle -  which could be used as the center of the flower stamps.  These were stamped on a 12" x 5 1/2" piece of White Daisy cardstock.
The little circle was stamped only twice on the cardstock with Blush ink.  The rest was done with Holiday Red.
The back of the card looks pretty, too!
 The card measures about 5" square.  With the extra piece cut off the end of the 12" long piece, I layered it near the bottom of a 3" square piece of black cardstock.  Whoa, I just realized this is the first card I have made in years that doesn't have any embellishments on it! I may have to fact check that!

FUN Popped With 3-D Foam Tape
 Stay tuned for the little treat pictured under the card below.  It involves chocolate.


Thank you for stopping by today!  Also, thank you so much for all of the kind and encouraging comments that you have left for me.  I really appreciate each and every one of them!
Hugs,
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment