Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Can I Stamp On Battery Operated Candles?

Stamped Images On Battery Operated Candles
This was a mystery to me and the only way to find out was to try it... and it worked!   I wanted to use a new stamp set for some Spring decor and longed to decorate some of my boring 'fake' candles. (We can no longer burn candles in our house because of asthmatic kids.) "Stamping" on regular candles has always been a sort of 'wow' kind of thing to show new people how to do. I thought it might be fun to show people that they may be able to try this on their battery operated candles, as well. These candles came from Costco. Probably other candles have a similar waxy coating, just be aware that your results may vary depending on the fake candle.  Real wax candles should work just fine. :-)
Image From CTMH My Peeps Stamp Set On Battery Operated Votive Candles
 Because I wasn't sure whether it would work, I decided to try on a votive candle first.  I used black ink with the bunny peep image pictured above.  After seeing it would work, I tried the Cotton Candy ink with no problems.
Stamped Image On White Tissue Paper
 In retrospect, I would have colored the Springtime image if I had thought of it.  But of course that occurred to me after melting it to the candle! Or stamping it in a different color ink that is more springy would also be cute.
Stamped Image Trimmed Closely With Micro-Tip Scissors
The main difference between the regular candles that I have used in the past and the battery operated ones was that I had to use the wax paper twice on some of the images.  Some were fine with just one melting, though.

Here is a quick video tutorial:

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH My Peeps B1402
Ink: CTMH Black and Cotton Candy
Colored pencils, tissue paper, wax paper, micro-tip scissors, heat gun, candle

No comments:

Post a Comment