Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Classroom Treats For Valentine's Day

Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge Cut Hearts and French Fry Box (inside)

My younger daughter attends school one day a week. Their Valentine's Day party is coming up soon and we wanted to make something easy and fun for her to bring to share with her classmates. This was a great Mother/Daughter project! This video shows how to assemble these little matchbook treat folders that have Mini M and M candies enclosed.


The cutting and scoring dimensions are as follows:
Matchbook Cover: Cut at 2.5" x 9.5"
                              Scored at 2.5", 3", 7", and 7.5"
AP Cricut Cartridge:
Small Hearts:  1.5"
Large Hearts: 2.25"

French Fry Box: 5.25"

If I were to make these for adults, then I would distress the edges with ink.  Second Graders aren't likely to notice that detail, so I left it off.  I think these would be great to use for 'Team Builders' or other workplace treats.  It is always nice to know that you are appreciated at work or school. :-)


All of the materials used are from Close To My Heart.  The items that are currently available are listed below, otherwise they have been retired.

Blush Ink
Blush Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
Love Life Stamp Set - D1482
Bakers Twine - Neutral Assortment - Z1701

The dimensions for the boxes for the Ghirardelli candies is on this post.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Thank you. I think I'll try some myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how it goes and post pictures, if you can. I'd love to see what you've made! Take care, Beverly

      Delete