Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Frosted Designs Tuesday Card Sketch #17

Cameo From Kaiser Craft's 6 1/2" Bonjour Paper Pad

Hello!   Thank you for stopping by today!  The card I have made for today's Frosted Designs' Card Challenge came about because when I saw the sketch, made by Ann Bacon, my first thought was the Kaiser cameo pictured above. I flipped that element on the sketch and skooched the sentiment to the center, as you can see.  I love Ann's sketch and knew that it would look lovely as a vintage card

Card Sketch by Ann Bacon for Frosted Designs
Sometimes I feel a need to layer and layer and layer my cards.  This is one of those cards.  It can still be mailed because it isn't excessively bulky with all the layers.  It will probably require extra postage because of the weight, though!  The bottom layer is kraft cardstock. On top of that are two different Glitz papers from their French Kiss line.  The one on the bottom is a narrow strip that I topped with a scrap piece of a damask overlay from Michael's.  On top of the overlay I placed the stamped sentiment from CTMH, a couple of round stud "Durables" also from CTMH and a piece of natural lace from Kaiser. 
The pleated ivory ribbon is from May Arts. I think by having it under the black velvet paper it keeps the focal point on the cameo.  The pearl and heart flourish from Zva adds another nice vintage touch.

Remember to link up your card at FrostedDesigns.blogspot.com to play along!

Have an awesome day!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment