It is really rewarding to make something that your kids enjoy. My 10 year old thinks it will be fun to select one of the die-cut activity - suggestions I made with the Artistry Cricut cartridge as a countdown to Halloween. She is still at an age that it is ok to think that something is cute and fun, even if her mom had something to do with it.
If your family isn't into doing the types of activities that were posted on the post immediately preceding this one, maybe they would enjoy having you make the die cuts into little note cards to tuck into their lunch box or place on their pillow. You could write funny or scary Halloween jokes or quotes. Or maybe lines from a poem; after a few days, there might be enough lines combined to recite the entire poem. Or that same idea could be used for a Halloween song, Thriller maybe? Or you could write affirmations. Or inspiring or loving thoughts. Or make a Halloween Tree and use them as ornaments and skip the word-part altogether. However you use the Artistry cartridge, I know you will enjoy your creations!
Here is a video that shows a little more detail about the cuts.
The cardstock colors and cuts are as follows:
Artistry Page 43 -
- White Daisy ghosts - @ 3 1/2", 9 will fit on a 12 x 12 page using the autofill function
- Black bats -
Shift @ 1" nets a bat with a wingspan just over 3 1/4"
- White Daisy ghost costumes for monsters - Icon 1 Shift @ 3 1/2", 6 will fit on 12 x 12 page, @ 3 1/4" 9 cuts fit on page with autofill
- Hydrangea and Citrus Leaf monsters (under ghost costumes) - Icon 1 @ 3 1/2" and @ 3 1/4" to layer under ghost costume cuts
- Canary or Buttercup pumpkin (bottom layer) of jack-o-lantern - Icon 2 @ 3 1/4", 9 will fit on a 12 x 12 page
- Orange jack-o-lantern face - Icon 2 Shift @ 3 1/4"
- Whisper and White Daisy circles - Shape @ 3 1/2", autofill = 9 cuts on 12 x 12 paper
- Eggplant EEK! - Shape Shift @ 3 1/2"
- Eggplant Bats in circle - Layer @ 3 1/2"
- White Daisy circle that looks sort of like the Underground symbol - Layer Shift @ 3 1/2"
- Eggplant banner bottom layer - Banner @ 3 1/2"
- White Daisy banner top layer - Banner Shift @ 3 1/2"
|CTMH Cricut Artistry Jack O Lantern|
- Black bat border used to go around large vase holding "Halloween Tree" - Background Shift @ 1" which is the same as if using Fit to Page function
Artistry Page 44 - Fall
key for activity/ornament shapes
- Creme brulee pumpkin with stem - Icon 2 @ 3 1/2", 6 cuts using autofill
- Sunset top layer of pumpkin - Icon 2 Shift @ 3 1/2"
Artbooking Page 54 - U key for activity/ornament shapes
- Black spiders - Overlay Shift @ 2" and 3"
Artbooking Page 55 - I key for decorative accents
- Black rat by vase and pumpkin on left - Overlay Shift @ Fit To Page
- Orange Trick or Treat hanging on wall - Title @ 17 1/4" which is what appears on screen when using Fit To Page
Artbooking Page 70 -
C key for decorative accents
- Black bird perched on Halloween Tree - Icon @ 50 1/2" which is what appears on screen when using Fit To Page
- Black spider hanging over Trick or Treat sign - Border Shift @ 39" which is what appears on screen when using Fit To Page
Artiste Page 77 - Hallween
key for decorative accents
- Black spiders on top of pumpkin jar lid - Accent 4 Shift @ 1 1/2"
Thank you so much for visiting!