Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paper Rosette Made With Threading Water Border Punch From Fiskars

Dreamin' B & T Decorative Paper from Close To My Heart
 The two strips are 12" long.  One is 1" wide, the other is 1 1/2" wide.  The strips are punched with the Fiskars edge punch. Each peak and valley is scored and folded accordion style.  The ends are glued together to make a continuous loop with makes a little lamp shade looking thing.  See below.
B & T paper is now double sided with different designs.  Either side would be pretty as a rosette.
 I stacked the smaller layer on top of the larger rosette before hot gluing to make one unit, rather than two separate flowers.  I then made a seam binding ribbon flower on sticky tape to adhere to the top of the rosette.

Pretty pinwheel pictured with the Fiskar's Threading Water Border Punch
This is a perfect flower to add to a card intended for mailing.  I would probably use an oversized envelope with a little padding if I didn't want it to get smooshed.

1 comment: