Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

4 x 4 Square Kraft Clean and Simple Card

Images from the CTMH Treasure Life stamp set embossed in white
I love the simple, sweet elegance of white on kraft paper.  This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I find that I use it a lot!  When I saw that CFC #20 was for a mini-card, I knew that I was going to make this card to enter the challenge.  

Rolled Flower using Martha Stewart Heart Chain Edge Punch
Rolled flowers are easy to make with edge punches.  One of the nice things about rolled flowers is that they can be made in a variety of sizes.  This is on the small-ish side, about 1 1/2" across.  The strip of paper was 12" long.

A simple white grosgrain ribbon and fork bow complete the card
This is also a one layer card,  in that there is no matting.  The images were stamped onto the card base.

Please visit the following sites to see the challenges for which I have entered this sweet little card.

CFC #20 - Mini Cards - http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/

Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge Week 73 - One layer card - http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I appreciate you visiting my blog.
Beverly

8 comments:

  1. Beverly what a beautiful card!! That flower is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with Speedy The Cat's Friend Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you knew instantly what you wanted to do for our challenge :) And what a beauty!! Thanks for getting inky with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just showed me a new way to use all those MS punches I have. I was going to buy the new EK Success punch that was made to make these flowers-but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought you could do it with any punch...you have confirmed it. Your flower looks amazing. What a fabulous card. The colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining Speedy the Cat's Friends one layer challenge. It is a pleasure to come visit to see what you have created for us. Good luck in the drawing. Hope to see you again next week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card and sentiment! The pink flower embellie is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the flower what an inventive way to make a flower. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous - I love the flower stamped in white! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, what a great technique!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a tutorial on how you created this flower. I cut a 12" x 1.5" strip and punched it, but I had no clue how you wound it up to look this flat without causing wrinkles in the design. I would love a tutorial! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete