Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Spellbinders Storage Revisited

CTMH  My Acrylix Organizers With Spellbinders Dies
 I know that I've posted on this before with a video that I made showing how I store my Spellbinders dies.  Some people want to see the photos of storage systems instead of watching a video, so I'm posting a few pictures of what I use.  If you'd like to see the video, it is in this post from September 10, 2011.

CTMH Stamp Organizer Envelopes with Spellbinders Dies
The Brother Label Maker people should love me.  I label everything that I can!  Inside the plastic envelopes are the Spellbinders dies on a magnetic sheet that has been cut to 5" x 5".  The magnets that I use are magnetic vent covers from Home Depot. These envelopes are big enough to store the extra die cuts that I've made but haven't used yet.  Most of the time I cut a few sizes or colors at a time and want to save the extras for future projects.  It is nice to grab the envelope and find some shapes already cut.


Most of the envelopes also have the front Spellbinders package inside
The package includes information about the number of dies in the set and the item number.  I like to have this information so that I know I've put back the right number of dies in the envelope. And also it has helped me to not repurchase the same set when I've thought I didn't have a set that I already owned!  


A Spellbinders Book made with a Cinch and Chipboard
Originally, all the dies were stored in this book that I made a couple of years ago.  It works great for smaller dies, but the larger circular ones fall off the magnets.  Some dies are too long to fit into the CTMH envelopes.  So I use both systems.

I'd love to hear and see what storage system works best for you!  Please let me know.
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment