Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Simple Embossed Designs

Clean and Simple Card
 This card has three die cut elements that were cut from the same white cardstock from which the card base is made.  It gets a big umph from the use of embossing powder and a little bling.

Silhouette shapes cut from White Daisy cardstock
 After cutting out the shapes, I placed them onto the sticky part of post it notes.  Then the shapes were pressed into embossing ink.  Pigment ink would work just as well.

Ink direct to paper with Versamark ink
 I used the post it notes for two reasons; the ink and powder don't get smudged and I don't burn myself while using the heat gun.  The sticky part of the post it does use up some embossing powder but it is worth it to me to not have blank embossed areas or burnt fingers!  :-)

 Tsukineko Verdigris and CTMH Gold Embossing Powders
 The finishing touches on this card are the green CTMH Sparkles on the birdcage, the blue ones for the eyes and the new Durables Antique Gold Square stud  which was placed on an organdy bow.

CTMH Square Durable in Antiqued Gold with a Sparkle on top

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Have a great day!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment