Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 Minute Card - Random Stamping and Stamping on Twill

Smoothie, Lagoon, Gypsy, and  Colonial White Cardstock
 Sometimes it is nice to be able to make a super fast and easy card.  When I need one, I almost always avoid using patterned paper.  For some reason, it requires me to think more when I use designer paper!  I am not sure what that says about me, but I think it means I am just a simple person with simple thoughts.  :-)  So here is my simple card for the day...
Black Dye Ink Stamped On Cotton Twill Ribbon
 Random stamping is lots of fun and I love to do it.  Here I used three different colors of ink on the Colonial White center.  I colored the centers of the largest flowers with a yellow watercolor pencil and didn't add water to the coloring.  The other layers were all stamped with a tone-on-tone effect with their corresponding cardstock color.
CTMH Paradise Paper Flowers with a Brad Center
 The stamps came from the Art Philosophy and Love Life sets from Close to My Heart. All of the embellishments are from CTMH, as well.  The Square Durable Stud comes in pewter (pictured below) and antiqued gold.  The little pearls are self-adhesive and add a nice touch of softness on the card in contrast to the metal embellies.

Small Paper Flowers With Bitty Opaques Pearl Gems
This color combination is out of my normal comfort zone, but I wanted something with a tropical vibe to it and this seemed to fit that theme very well.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Hugs, Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment