Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning!

 Sometimes it seems like I spend more time organizing my craft supplies than I do actually using them!  A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to catalog my stamp collection. Again.  Yep. Been there. Done that.  Now  I am voluntarily doing it again.  What is wrong with me, you may wonder?  My last cataloging system was when all of my stamps were wood mounted.  Now I have a fairly extensive (my dh would say excessive) acrylic collection.
There are a few reasons why I am making a new stamp catalog/inventory.  I need to be able to find them a little faster when I do get a chance to stamp so I am not wasting time rummaging through set after set. It would be nice to have a list of what I own in case we ever have another flood in our basement and need to file an insurance claim. (We didn't file one last time and I have been told that I should have.... but really, who would believe that I have THAT MUCH stuff if I just Told them the amount!)  And the last reason is because it helps me be a better (read, not-duplicate) shopper.

Spend A Day Scrapping!  Is One of My Rewards

So at this point you may be wondering what is with the flower pot and the paper flowers?  Once I decided to organize my stamps, the idea snowballed into organizing all of my scrapbooking/stamping supplies.  Again.

I knew I needed help and knew that the woman who owns The Scraprack company (Tiffany Spaulding) is an organizational goddess.  Lo and behold she is currently holding an 8 Week Spring Cleaning Challenge!  I signed up immediately (it is free) and listened to the live broadcast last Monday.  Here is more info on the challenge if you are curious. You don't have to own a Scraprack to participate.  I bought some of the organizational pockets a few years ago, but I don't have a Scraprack.

Part of the first week's homework is to make a Benefits/Rewards poster to hang up so you have a constant reminder about why you are going through such an ordeal and to reward yourself each step of the way.
Well, I don't have much wall space, so I made a flower pot Benefits/Reward reminder instead.

Next week's challenge with Tiffany is organizing paper.  I can't wait!

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment