Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Fairy Folk Tissue Box Cover

Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Collection Fairy Folk Paper
 My younger dd loves bunnies and fairies.  When I saw this paper I knew it was meant to go in her room.  She was thrilled with it when I gave it to her, so it was worth getting all glitter-glue-y from the Sparkle Mod Podge!

Small Cardstock Flowers With Pearl Centers
This started as an unfinished wood tissue cover-box from Joanns.  I used gesso on it and then painted the top a color that I mixed to sort of match the paper.  After Mod Podging it and covering it with paper, I started making the little flowers.  They were very easy to do with a small flower punch and Cappuccino Perfect Pearls mist.  I fussy cut the mama bunny and the little 'uns and placed them on top of a small metal frame from CTMH.  The insert on the frame is the reverse of the Graphic 45 paper.  In the top left corner I adhered a small cutout stamp from another Graphic 45 line - Romantique Collection.  Then I tucked a Webster's Pages little brown resin bird behind it.
Flower Ribbon Adhered to Top Edge of Tissue Box
This was very easy to put together and didn't take very long.  Drying time is what always slows me down. But this is not a large project, so it was fairly quick to dry.  I tied on a piece of ribbon and a bow and then adhered the frame on top of the ribbon.  The ribbon on top was glued in place with 3 in 1 glue.  I am loving that stuff!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment