Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Graphic 45 Little Dresser Jewelry Box

A Great Place For Keepsakes
This dresser started out as an unfinished wood piece from Joanns.  It was next to the tissue box covers that I was buying for my two daughters.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a great piece for me to use the Graphic 45 paper that I had been hoarding.  It is a cute size that will be perfect for my older daughter to keep some of her little whatz-its in.

The Back Is Graphic 45 Curtain Call Collection Moulin Rouge

One of her favorite movies used to be Moulin Rouge.  I bought this paper immediately when I saw it last year because of her.  This cut-out section fit perfectly on the back of the dresser.
Gesso On All Surfaces To Be Painted Or Covered
I sanded all of the pieces and applied gesso to it.  I painted the top and parts that would not be covered with paper using a cream color acrylic paint. After cutting the pieces to size, I applied Mod Podge and then adhered the pieces in place.  The entire piece was then covered in a 'sealer' coat of Mod Podge.
Lined the Drawers
The piece came with wooden drawer pulls, which can be seen in the picture with the gesso.  I removed those and replaced them with some pretty black buttons from Joanns.
Graphic45  Le' Romantique Collection My Beloved 
I like the curtain or drapery effect that that ribbon along the top creates. The ribbon on the bottom gives it some needed weight to balance it.
Graphic 45 Kraft Reflections Bed of Roses Under My Beloved
Both of the women from the My Beloved paper were fussy cut and glued atop the patterned kraft paper.
May Arts Ribbon Trim the Top and Bottom
This piece was part of the pair (pictured below) that I gave her for when she moves to a new apartment next month.  She is planning on putting them on her nightstand. :-)
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Harlequin  Diamonds on 8 x 8 Paper
Thank you so very much for stopping by today!
Beverly

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I appreciate you visiting and leaving a comment. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete