Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Using Up Scraps - Card

6/24/2012 - Edited to add contact information about the Vintage Moon wood veneer shape.  Please scroll to the bottom. :-)

CTMH Roxie Paper and Love Life Stamp Set
If you have looked at my blog at all this week, you will recognize the sketch by Ann Bacon for Frosted Designs.  I couldn't help myself and had to do another one! It was a lot of fun using up some scraps from one of my favorite paper packs, Roxie.  It will no longer be available after July.  The new Close To My Heart Idea Book/Catalog comes out August 1st.  Because they keep patterned paper packs for either 6 or 12 months, Roxie will not be extended.
One of my favorite card shapes and sizes is 6 x 6 because it is also the simplest!  Cut a 12 x 12 in half and then fold. Easy Peasy. The sentiment image was stamped with black ink on a 6 x 6 Tulip cardstock base.

Old Man In the Moon Wood Veneer
Recently, I ordered some wood veneer shapes from a start up business which advertised on Facebook.  The  service was speedy and I can't wait to share with you how to go about viewing their other designs.  As soon as I find out how non-Facebook group members can tap into this little treasure trove of wood veneers, I will post it.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

****  Update:  Here is the information on the wood veneer shapes - Diana has contact information posted here along with pictures of the shapes.


2 comments:

  1. You sure do like this sketch, Beverly! The Roxie paper pack is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I do like this sketch! It is so easy to work with. You did a great job in designing it. :-) Roxie has a short life left, but I am sure we will see something equally beautiful next week when the new catalog is released to us! Thanks for visiting, Beverly

      Delete