Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Punches Challenge with Frosted Designs

Edited on 6/21/2012 - Reposted after having been removed for publication. 
Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch (used 51 Times)
This is my artwork for Frosted Designs' Fabulous Friday Challenge - Punches.  If you've visited my blog before, you know that I LOVE punches.  So I was very excited to participate today!  The picture above was taken from the side to try to reduce the glare on the photograph.

Hanging on the wall, framed in a 12 x 12 metal frame with the glass removed  in order to not smoosh the butterflies
 Each butterfly was punched from a different color of Close To My Heart cardstock. The butterflies were adhered to CTMH White Daisy cardstock that had been punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch and ink distressed with the corresponding ink color.

Three white butterflies were used to embellish the photograph
 The photo was mounted on White Daisy cardstock and popped up with foam tape.  The minimal journaling was added in Photoshop in the lower right-hand corner of the picture. "Springbreak Mexico 2008"  (I know, I know!  It's terrible that I'm not caught up with all the scrapbooking I have to do!)

Title font is Jellyka End_less Voyage. Free from dafont.com
This font fit the picture perfectly.  I printed it on transparency film and adhered it to the cardstock with Tombow Vellum Mono Adhesive.  Just a note about printing on transparencies:  I have found that the ink smudges if it is handled much.  Because of this, I only use them on interactive layouts if they are protected.

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a wonderful day.

1 comment: