Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Modified Tri-Fold Card

Inside of Tri-Fold Card
  
Everyone in the house has been sick sometime during the past three weeks, so I've not been able to work on much of anything.  I finally got a chance to play a little bit today and made this very quick card.  It was quick, mainly because I had several of the pieces done already.  Namely, the big flower on the front made with three cuts from a Spellbinders die that I cut, scored and folded into a chunky 3-d flower.

CTMH Dreamin' B & T

I love the thicker designer paper that CTMH came out with this summer.  It is beautiful on both sides, but I wanted to use the bold Autumn flowers on this side.  I should have taken a picture of the back of the card, the paper is so pretty!  The pattern on the opposite side was a little too busy for writing a long message, so I adhered a piece of Colonial White cardstock onto the center section of the inside of the card.

Flower made from Spellbinders die
There are a few tiny butterflies randomly placed on the front of the card and one on the sentiment.  It is so great that butterflies never go out of vogue!  The card also has two different colors of ribbon: the big, bold brown stripe and the orange-gold grosgrain.
Threaded Ribbon Strip made with MS Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment