Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Graduation Projects

Each 7" x 6" Plain Chipboard Pennant Covered and Decorated
 Last weekend my older dd graduated from the University of Arizona.  I am so proud of her!  Younger dd and I made some things to decorate the entryway for when she came home after the commencement on Saturday.  The "Congratulations" banner looks much nicer in person, but I think you can see some of the detail in the first picture above.  I used a pre-cut chipboard base from CTMH.  Each of the letters was cut from very old paper from CTMH using the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge. The same paper packs were used to cover the pennants and make rosettes, etc.
Uses Two CTMH My Creations Chipboard Banner Packs
The letters were tied together with baker's twine.  It is nice that her school colors are so patriotic!  I will probably recycle some of the pieces for the Fourth of July. :-)
3 Giant Tissue Paper Flowers Made by 7 Year Old Daughter
 The "2012" on the tissue paper flowers was cut using the Silhouette Cameo and adhered with glue dots.  I think my younger dd did a great job making these big tissue paper flowers..  They are very easy to make.  Accordion fold the paper and tie a wire around the center.  A good fluffing and they are ready!


This note was hanging on the wall on the way to the kitchen.  It sums it all up!
I hope you have many fun things to celebrate this summer.
Thanks for stopping by.
Beverly


No comments:

Post a Comment