Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge #22

Ice Cream Sundae - Stitchy Bear Digital Stamp
Welcome to another fabulous Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge.  Our sponsor this week, Stitchy Bear, gave us some designs to work with for the challenge.  I chose to color the image digitally in Photoshop.  After it was colored, I decided to make a background paper from it by shrinking and duplicating the design.

Frosted Designs Sketch by Heather Adams
Heather's fantastic sketch seemed like the perfect one to do a CAS (clean and simple) card.  I haven't done one in awhile and loved the opportunity to showcase the digital stamp in a clean, simple, fun way.  I also wanted to use the sketch in a sort of interactive way.  The top banner-like flap flips up and the white background that forms the base flips down to open the card. Thanks, Heather for such a great sketch!

Tri-fold Card Opens At Top
The white textured card stock (CTMH) for the base was cut 5 1/2" by 11".  I scored it at 4 1/4" and at 8 1/2".  The last flap is what folded down over the front. I fussy cut around the center banner focal point flap to make it obvious that is the way to open the card.

I hope you get a chance to use Heather's sketch and join us by linking your card up on Frosted Designs.

Hope you have a happy day with lots to celebrate!
Beverly

2 comments:

  1. Your card looks absolutely yummy!

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terry! I am glad to see you are playing along with the Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge this week. :-) Thank you for posting a comment to let me know you were here visiting! Beverly

      Delete