Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Christmas In July - Part 1 - Advent Calendar Wreath


Countdown to Christmas Wreath

Now that the Fourth of July is over it is time for me to get ready for Christmas!  Just kidding.  I actually made this advent calendar last winter and I am finally getting around to posting the video tutorial.  It has been in the video camera for months!

Here is the tutorial if you would like to follow along as I show you the steps that I took to make this.



This wreath is made with wedding favor tins.  Inside can be placed candies or little messages.  Over the years I have made a few Countdown To Christmas/Advent Calendars.  Here is one that I made last year with some ideas posted about what I was enclosing inside.  

Wilton Wedding Favor Tins - For Christmas Advent Calendar
It would have been yummy to have sampled lots of different sized candies for the tins, but I am trying to set a good example about "every once in awhile treats." So, in order to show the relative size of these little tins I used candy that was already in the house.  This could also be interpreted as "candy that is not to my liking."  Which is why it is still in the house. ;-)


This is a great project that my family will enjoy using for many years. I hope you get a chance to make one, too!

Please visit again next Friday for another Christmas in July project.  I hope to have a new Christmas project posted every Friday this month.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

Supplies:
Wilton Wedding Favor Tin Kit
18" MDF Craft Wreath Base
Paint Brush
Adirondack Red Pepper Acrylic Paint Dabber
CTMH - Create A Shade Pearl Paint
Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge - Leaf 3 on page 46, numbers
Stamp Set: CTMH A Holiday
CTMH New England Ivy and Olive Cardstock
CTMH White Daisy Cardstock
CTMH New England Ivy Ink Pad
Assorted Patterned Paper - I used retired CTMH papers
2" Circle Punch
Hot glue gun
Ribbon and Wire for bow

No comments:

Post a Comment