Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Avonlea Note Board - Serenity Prayer


Glass Fronted Frame For Message Board
Almost every time that we get home from the grocery store or Costco one of us remembers something that we needed to buy, but we had forgotten.  I decided to take a big picture frame and turn it into a message center so that we can hopefully avoid these problems in the future. The idea is to record grocery lists or other important messages on something big enough that we can see it/find it.  

It was important to me that the picture frame be attractive and functional.  The insert for the mat board is an 11 1/2" square.  It was a perfect size for a piece of scrapbooking paper!  Having a gorgeous piece of framed paper was great, but I decided that I wanted it to be even More spectacular!  So I typed the Serenity Prayer and printed it on cardstock.  I decided to random stamp some of the images from the Avonlea WOTG on it and then distressed the edges.  A few Mocha Pearl Opaques decorated the insert and it was almost done.
The last step was cutting the letters.  I used a different piece of Avonlea paper and the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to spell Notes.  The periods were made with more Mocha Pearls.

CTMH Avonlea Patterned Paper
It probably would have been best to photograph it without the glass.  But I wanted to show it with the dry erase or chalk ink - wet wipe markers written on it. Please excuse the glare.  If you click on the photograph you can see a bigger picture, which will show the poem and detail better.

Ikea Virserum 19 3/4" Square Frame

Last year I made a Blessings Board with a smaller frame for my dd.  The project idea is similar to this. That post is here.

The full project instructions for the Avonlea Notes/Message Board are my thank-you gift for my customers this month.  The instructions also include the ornaments posted yesterday and the cards that will be posted tomorrow.  If you place an online order with me, your bonus project instruction sheet will be emailed to you.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Beverly

Supplies:
Ikea Virserum Square Frame, Chalk Ink Wet Wipe Marker
CTMH: Avonlea Workshop on the Go Stamp, Paper Packet and Mocha Opaques
Cricut Art Philosophy
Ink: Slate, Juniper, Chocolate, Bamboo
White Daisy Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment