Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween! Trick or Treat Idea for a Toddler

For some of us, Halloween is all about candy.  For others, it is about the costumes, parties, decorations, cooler weather, walking the neighborhood and seeing neighbors. The candy is kind of a bonus as you get a little exercise. When you are small, you do not have the chops to be able to even eat candy and you do not understand the rest of the hoopla, either.
Nor do you have long enough legs to do the marathon walking for which veteran trick or treaters pride themselves. And since you have to be in bed by 7:30, you aren't going out to get candy anyway. But, if you have a Gigi (or someone else who sews) who wants you to begin to learn about Trick or Treating, you may get a little Halloween game to play at home. This was designed for a 16-month-old to use until she gets bored.  Or about 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

 Yesterday, I posted about some machine embroidery that I had been doing. That post is here.  While working on those projects I came up with some In-the-Hoop projects of my own design.


These are simple shapes that I embroidered in the hoop. After making the faces in my embroidery software and stitching them out, I put the back piece of fabric on and embroidered most of the way around leaving a gap to add stuffing. Pictured below is the chocolate candy bar.  These are made from felt.  It is a very inexpensive fabric that holds the designs quite well. 




The game is to practice Trick or Treating, so she needed a bag to hold her little play candies.  Here is the design that I stitched on the small tote bag that I made for her.  I hope she will be able to use the bag next year, even if the candies are no longer of interest to her.



This next picture is just because it makes me laugh every time I see it.  Amelia has been into yoga since she could stand.  She is visiting me next week and I can not wait to see what new poses she has mastered!
Lastly, I decided that I need something else to do to keep me busy so I have started a new venture and a new blog.  More to follow in the next day or two.


 Wishing you all a safe and Happy Halloween!
Beverly



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative. Click here for Best research about cardboard presentation boxes UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete