Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Background Technique - Crimp or Corrugate

Crimped Shipping Tag
There are hundreds of background techniques for papercrafters to choose from when working on any given project.  I am revisiting a bunch of them over the next couple of weeks. Also, I am starting a new page on my blog that is specifically for background techniques.  This way the techniques will be listed with commonly used names. I hope it is easy to locate the one for which someone may be looking. And maybe it will help those who are looking for something new or different to try. It should be ready by the end of the week.


 This card was made by using a Fiskars crimper horizontally on a piece of kraft cardstock and a piece of Ruby cardstock running diagonally.  The base is also CTMH kraft cardstock.

CTMH Cashmere Pigment Ink and Clear Embossing Powder
I layered the embossed sentiment over a piece of burlap ribbon and Ruby cs.  The edges of all pieces were either edge or ink distressed.

Thank you so much for visiting today.  Please stop back tomorrow when the background technique is all about using washi and tissue tape.

Beverly


1 comment:

  1. My new fav blog to study -- thank you for so many ideas and reminders!!!

    ReplyDelete