Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sympathy Cards

 First, let me say "Thank You" to all of the past and present members of our military and to their families for your service to our country.  Memorial Day is tomorrow, but I think of your sacrifices everyday.  Many years ago, I had the honor of teaching elementary school in a district that had a large military population.  It was a learning opportunity for me because I had not known any military families before then. It was humbling to see, first hand, the commitment and dedication these brave women and men exhibited before, during and after September 11, 2001. Thank you for keeping freedom, free.

On this weekend, I thought I would share some sympathy cards.  I prefer to have some of these made up before they are needed because I do not much feel like creating them when the time comes to send one.
Martha Stewart Double Arches Punch Around the Page Layers
 This card is a 6" square.  Both layers of paper on top of the base were cut with MS punches.  The top white cardstock layer was spritzed with Cappuccino Perfect Pearls and stamped with a CTMH stamp.  The cameo is a button from Joann's.  I decided to frame the inside layer with the black May Arts ribbon because it seemed very 'busy' without it.
Personal Stamp Exchange Lily Stamp
 The second card was stamped and embossed in green ink.  I love PSX stamps because of their fine detail.  Unfortunately, they went out of business a few years ago. The card is layered on a dark green base and embellished with CTMH pearls and a piece of lace from my stash.
Masculine Sympathy Card
 The last card is layers of linen and cardstock.  On top of the textured cardstock base I adhered a piece of linen fabric wrapped with a piece of baker's twine. I wanted to keep this card very simple and only added a few black pearls to the focal point sentiment.  The embossed piece of white cardstock made a nice backdrop for the linen with the stamped image. This was done on a piece cut with a Spellbinders die and inked around the edges.

Lots of Texture 
Thank you for stopping by today.  I wish you a peaceful holiday weekend.  Please thank a Veteran when you can.

Beverly

No comments:

Post a Comment