Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Card With Christmas Tree Made From Martha Stewart Loops Edge Punch

Festive 5 x 7 Christmas Tree Card
If you have ever looked at my blog before you may have noticed that I have a thing for paper punches.  They do exactly what the manufacturer says they'll do - which is awesome enough! but sometimes you can stretch their use with alternate applications.  Well, that's what I'm talkin' about today.  :-)

MS Punch Around The Page Edge Punch Loops
The trees were made by first punching 12" long strips. They were adhered onto a Garden Green tree base and trimmed after each row. By the way, these trees are really just triangles with a brown piece of cardstock stuck to the bottom for a trunk.  This reminded me of my early elementary school days.  :-)  It was a lot of fun to make them!

Image from Close To My Heart's Christmas Love Stamp Set
The loops part of the strip is not adhered to the base, so they stick out to give a 3-dimensional aspect. The trees are popped off the page to add more dimension.

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH Christmas Love
Paper: CTMH  Believe, White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, Topiary, Colonial White, Cranberry, Garden Green, Cocoa, (also, a retired B & T paper used for green loops)
Ink: CTMH Sweet Leaf
Embellishments: Ribbon and Sparkles from CTMH, Corsage pin colored and beaded by me
Tools: MS Loops Punch Around The Page, Emagination Star Punch, Spellbinders Labels Eight and Labels Four, foam tape, Fray Check

No comments:

Post a Comment