Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Holiday Card Made With MS Spider Web Edge Punch For Trees

Image is from Close To My Heart's Christmas Love Set 
Even though it is mid-October, I'm already full swing into Christmas crafting!  I love Christmas!  The happiness that the holiday brings always makes me want to extend the season of joy for as long as possible.  Since I make stuff, it is easy to say I "Have" to get a jump start.  The truth is, I "Want" to get started as soon as the Fourth of July is over.  Weird, I know. No haters, please. :-)

Snowy Trees on a Peaceful Card
 Blue and white are two of my favorite color combinations.  They seemed perfect for what I was planning to do with the trees and branches.  The base of the trees is Outdoor Denim with Cocoa trunks.  The strips of paper for the branches are from the Believe B & T pack.  The layer immediately on top of the White Daisy card base is from the Wonderland paper pack.

Martha Stewart Spider Web Punch Around the Page  Edge Punch
I thought this punch made cool looking "branches" for pine trees.  I realize that there is a lot of creative license going on here and maybe it is delusional, but that is my story... and it does look branch-y to me.   After punching the strips of paper I smooshed the tips of the web/branches into White Daisy pigment ink and used white embossing powder to create "snow".  I did the same thing to the stars on the top of the tree.  They were  leftover scraps of Outdoor Denim before they became white stars.

Web - Branches are adhered at the tops of each strip so the bottoms stick out a bit

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH Christmas Love
Paper: CTMH Believe, Wonderland, Sky, White Daisy, Cocoa, Outdoor Denim
Ink: CTMH White Daisy, Sky
Embellishments: Ribbon, Corsage pin colored and beaded by me
Tools: White embossing powder/heat gun, MS Spider Web Edge Punch, Emaginations Star Punch, Spellbinders Labels Four and Eight, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment