Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, October 22, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio - Daisy Wreath and Slimline Cards

 

Pinkfresh Studio Layering Slimline Frame Stencil


Layering Stencils

Getting the most use out of your supplies

Pinkfresh Studio has some gorgeous layering stencils. Recently, I used the Daisy Wreath and the Daisy Slimline Frame stencils and die-cuts to make cards that will fit into regular business-sized envelopes. These cards measure 9" by 4". The first two can be mailed with standard postage. The last card is popped up quite a bit and may require additional postage.



It is ok to cut up the image and use pieces of the design

The second and third cards have both the slimline frame and the wreath used on them. However, I cut apart the wreath after completing the five-step inking process. I ended up using both halves on the 'Smile' card and made two wreaths for the last card. By cutting the wreath up, it added some additional softness with the flow of the flowers.
Layered Diecut Sentiment with Mini Slimline Panel


For added interest, I layered the "Smile" die-cut on top of the small diagonal stitch rectangle die-cut from the Mini-Slimline Bundle. The layers are glued together and are still fairly flat for mailing. On this card I used the 6th layer of the slimline stencil to use Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste. And for extra sparkle I used a little Unicorn Stickles from Ranger. Stickles is a quick and easy way to add sparkle!


Scrapbook.com

Dress it up or down

The following card falls into the "maximalist" camp of design. There are many layers of ink and paper and sparkle. For the 6th layer on this one, I used heat embossing with a sparkly powder called Iridescent Ice. The powder was sprinkled onto watermark/embossing ink.  There is more information about how to do that here. This added a nice bit of bling. To take it up another notch, I used the Unicorn Stickles again. 

The butterfly is from a Martha Stewart punch. It, too, is embellished with Stickles. The inks on all of the cards are combinations of Pinkfresh Studio, Altenew, Close to My Heart, and Ranger's Broken China Distress Ink.

For inking through stencils, the most important thing to consider is whether your ink pads are juicy enough. I found that it was time for me to dig out some of my reinkers! It is nice to be able to extend the use of my stamp pad. Yay for having a stash of supplies!
A variety of different ink brands worked well together

Getting maximum use of your tools and supplies

It is a lot of fun to try new things. Everytime I try something new, I am reminded of many favorite 'old' techniques. Sometimes I forget that I can use my new things in familar ways and that the older products still have much life to them! Lately, I have been wanting to engage in retail therapy and shop and shop! And that isn't good for my budget! If I buy a few new things and can use them in the intended ways and come up with additional ones, then I feel like it sort of justifies the purchase! That is the case with the Pinkfresh Studio - Daisy Wreath and Slimline Card stencils and dies. I know that with different color combinations and additional techniques, these will become some of my favorite tools!


Thank you for stopping by today!
Beverly

Additional inks and colors:


or as part of the Green Valley set 

As of October 22, 2021 the following inks are currently out of stock. Maybe you have something similar already at hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment