Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, June 28, 2019

Dylusions Dyalog Journal

Decorated Dylusions Dyalog Cover - No Limits

Looking for the lemonade

Sometimes life provides you with enough lemons to make lemonade.
All of my art journals were damaged when our rented storage unit leaked while parked on our driveway this winter.  It was a bummer. 
I have been collecting quotes for decades. These were stored in the art journals that I have been making for over ten years. Now that the journals and quotes are gone, it was time to start fresh.  So I decided to start my new collection with a new kind of journal. This one has inserts with different paper colors or styles.  Each of the components is separate, including the cover. I opted for the plain cover so that I could decorate it.
Before drawing and coloring the cover it was a plain white canvas


It was a lot of fun decorating the cover with a variety of stencils and inks or paints.  Because I took this with me for a little weekend getaway, I limited the number of supplies that I could use for it. This was actually quite helpful because it also limited the color palette.

Below is a picture of my little travel kit that I took with me when I started two of the quote booklet/inserts a few weeks ago when I flew to Tucson.  This one is all black paper and has quotes by women. I love how easy it was to work on the airplane with my little booklets!

My airplane travel kit

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are making time for making art!

If you are interested in watching a video class of the woman behind the Dylusions brand, here is a link to a free class. It is a good introduction to Dyan Reaveley and some of the things she has designed with Ranger.

And here are some of the supplies that I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment