Paper and Fiber Arts



Welcome to my mixed media blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Washi Tape as a Background with Diecuts for Cards

American Crafts Houndstooth Glitter paper cut with Altenew Caps Bold Alphabet Dies

It turns out that I have a lot of washi tape.  It is beautiful and I love it. But it mainly sits in a drawer. As I was putting away some alphabet dies from another project, (pictured above) I decided to make a quick card with a bit of washi.  This is a clean and simple card that takes very little time to create. It is 4.25" tall and about 9" wide.


Here is the layer under the die cut layer:
One way to use a variety of washi on a project is to make every letter with a different tape
You may have noticed that the picture of the completed card doesn't have the orange washi on it.  That is because I changed my mind and went with the preppy pink argyle instead.  That is one of the great things about washi, it is removable!

And because making cards with die-cuts is so fast and easy, the card at the top of the post is sort of a bonus card. It was made using powdered watercolor pigment on watercolor paper. Pouring the powder onto wet paper is a fun and easy way to make a watercolor background.  The strips around the "THANKS" are leftovers from a scrapbook page posted here.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Here is a list of some of the supplies that I used to make the two cards above:

No comments:

Post a Comment